Monday, August 9, 2010

Bye, Bye Internet Suckas!

In the interest of minimizing the constant onslaught of information, images, and general clutter in my life, I am killing extraneous online presences in the forms of social networking profiles, subscriptions to various "groups" and the like.  Below are a few blog items from 2005 and 2006 which I posted on my tribe.net profile (good bye tribe!) which I would like to preserve.  I suppose this was my very first attempt at something such as this.

Mental Wanderings  - April 18, 2006

A journey through uncharted territory is both dizzying and clarifying. The senses become acute, whilst the information overwhelms. Breath and awareness are at times caught, in fear and uncertainty. Yet, in some moments, the flow of energies, thoughts, feelings, sensations, are undeniably free and focused, effortless. Like waters floating upon air and light, no friction from rocks or earth or ice, these moments create a simple affirmation that the explorations and risks into the unknown are very worthwhile.

Planks to Guard - January 1, 2006

What if a plank upon the sea was guarding my feverish desires? Just one bit of feeling blocked, keeping the rest of me at bay. Do I let my desires lead me or do I lead my desires? How open, how closed do I need to be to realize these dreams? What defines my armor?  Will I uncover my miraculous horror, a vulnerability waiting to be bitten? My fantasies fold in around me and muffle my sight. I resist the expansiveness of my being.  Tell me how to be truthful, and I will fall into myself and open pieces of the contained universe. I will allow an unhindered inertia to float me beyond the plank.

Ideas - November 20, 2005

I have a flow of ideas streaming around and through me like a rough and untidy waterfall. Pounding down the depths of considerations and limitations. Fears forming and failing me. Water. This is the center. Sound and Motion are the medium. I'm being archaic as I hesitate to reveal these little thoughts lest they wander off with someone else. But should I be their sole Master? I'm supposedly anti-authoritarian. Perhaps they will play a little with me.

Charming - September 29, 2005

I'm charmed to meet you, said the walrus to the hair. The hair plucked up its courage to wander the fair. The walrus went with, despite being a chair.

1 comment:

Shibek said...

Those writings have a sparkling, lucid quality with colorful language. The limerick/rhyme at the end reminds me of freestyle, or Lewis Carrol songs. Get out that drum machine!