
While I'm on the whole vegan rant, I want to say, that after obsessively browsing a number of discussion threads on various forums, I realize that it's all a losing battle. People want to be right, and because food is enmeshed with ethics, morals, theories on human evolution and purpose, religious concepts and a variety of other sociopolitical issues, the passions fly. People want to be right because they're afraid, mostly of realizing they're wrong which leads to pain, punishment, and "Hell". The truth is, even science can't agree on one optimal diet or dietary system for humans. As for the moral/ethical side of the diet debate, well, there again, nothing can be concretely proven as fact. Some people swear up and down that animals were put here for us and that they neither feel, think, nor have souls. I completely disagree with this sentiment, but am I going to convince a committed "Uberhuman" to think otherwise? Only if they want to be convinced, which is unlikely. The whole meat vs. no meat debate is about as reconcilable and provable as the God vs. no God debate. The only truth that I can surmise from all of the philosophizing that happens between us humans is that the real truth is a mystery. The best we can do is find the truth that makes the most sense to us at any given moment in our small lives.
My plea; love and honor your truth, share it freely, embrace it, expect that others will see/feel things differently and maintain a sense of wonder about that.
If your truth originates in fear, it's not truth, it's fear. This is where all the self-righteousness, dogmatism, and proselytizing come from. Fear is only helpful as a survival technique. Most fear eats us from behind while we attempt to pretend it isn't there, but it always rears it's ugly head in insidious ways, whether we realize it or not. Truth originates in love and compassion, mercy and forgiveness. When you get down to all that, the details aren't very important. The questions is what is your intent, what is your motive?
Here's another link that I found interesting regarding veg/vegan diets:
Also, I was totally banned from the forums on the PostPunkKitchen site. I have yet to receive an explanation from the moderators. It seems that they don't want any contrary views threatening their little Shambala. No insight wanted (or is that incite?)! Damn shame...
3 comments:
There is only one clear answer that will solve all of our problems: cannibalism. Let's eat all of the self-righteous vegans (who will be deliciously healthy for us, low in cholesterol, grass-fed, et al), and we get our nourishing meat quotient while eliminating a troublesome sect of society. I'm all for it. Let's do it!
Yummy! Vegans! I so agree! That is the most logical idea I've encountered yet. They do say that people taste like chicken, so it shouldn't be too hard to get used to.
One fine day I will devour all of you while the Soul Harvester album plays at high volume in the background.
You're not going to get me first!
Love,
dr. shibek, vegan sadist
Post a Comment