
Through a window
I watch the day pass
Leaves turn red as blood, golden, brown
Cool air brings a rust upon the world
The sky, blue against it
A dream seeks me out
As I lay, with a head of fog
Joints unmoved, aching
The walls muffle the rustle of leaves
No, I can't even hear them
My dream, he floats
Much like the leaves on the wind
Then, he falls quickly
And smashes to the ground
There's blood at the corners
I get to keep a piece of it, the wing
Three feathers to be exact
Two plain, one like a peacock's
Only they're the Raven's
Or Maldoc's, as he claims
I cuddle my treasure
Leaves still ride the air
Cracking against the wind
I don't know how to mend it
The wires need to be set again
The dream, he arises
Broken from the fall
Held together like the dying leaves
Wind pushing his wings
Coaxing them to release
I lay here, watching
Autumn embrace upon my world
The sun play upon the colors
And he perches, out there
Watching my little jerks
There's a strange chord
That ties us
It binds us unknowingly
And we fall together
Our wings help us to fly
No comments:
Post a Comment