Saturday, April 19, 2008

Death is Awaiting!


Recently, I've pulled the Death card from a number of tarot and oracle decks for readings on various questions. When one pulls a recurring card, it becomes a strong indication that the card's message must be heeded. Contrary to popular belief, the Death card does not usually signify physical death. It does, however, imply an ending and a beginning of something major in one's life. It makes perfect sense that I have been visited by this Grim Reaper lately. I am undergoing a major transformation in my life. The Phoenix has burned and is rising from the ashes. The old is slipping away, the new inching in. Due to changes I've made in my life, my spirit, my psyche, I can no longer live the life I've been living. It must die. Composting, fermenting, incubating, sprouting... this is the phase I am now beginning. More specifically, I have been called to live a creative life, one where my self-expression is the modus operandi to my healing, my happiness, and my freedom. This artist's life is not just about me, it's also about sharing my gifts with the world... allowing those 'Waters of Life' to flow into the heart's of others. I can no longer be stingy with my voice, my music, or my visions. If I didn't let my old life of resistance, avoidance, and fear give way, I would eventually die. This may sound melodramatic, but it's very true. My old life was slowly suffocating me. Now, I choose this death, to choose new life. Now, I embrace the call of my heart, to uplift myself, to uplift all our relations. My creative dreams made real, are my offering to you, in honor of your innate wonderousness.

Aho, Mitakuya Oyasin (All My Relations)

No comments: