Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Sickly Manifesto

That's me... sickly... I'm sick and tired of being sick!  Being sick has a tendency to put everything on hold.  I don't want everything to be put on hold.  I want to do stuff.... really, I do.  I know I talk a lot about doing things, but now I really want to do them.  I'm serious here, people.  I want to run and play and sing.  I want to enjoy this springtime unpredictability.  I want to drink wine in parks and get kicked out again.  Being sick for three weeks is not allowed.  I hereby banish you, sickness!  I declare myself well!  I declare myself more hearty than I've ever been!  I declare myself invincible against any and all pathogenic micro-organisms that would have me laying about for days on end watching episode after episode of Gilmore Girls, blowing my nose and drinking funky herbal concoctions.  I will watch episode after episode of Gilmore Girls in sparklingly fine health, thank you very much!  So be it! 

1 comment:

Mukwa Ogimaa said...

Well, I asked you to turn on the comment feature and it turns out I just needed to be aware that it was already present. That said, yes, daughter, ban sickness from your vocabulary, your life. Be vigorous, righteous, joyous and any other good ...ouses you can fit in. I am loving your blogs.

Love, Papa