
I cut my hair!
I dye it red!
Red with earth blood.
A new visage,
a new countenance,
for a new day.
And I say,
Today is a good day to die,
for I've no fear of the things that shadow my life.
The crows have flown in for the Fall.
One keeps a'knockin at my door.
I open it repeatedly
to find he's not there.
I wait patiently as ever.
I hear there's been a storm,
and he's blown off course.
In my dreams I sing.
Sounds flow forth like rain.
I cause and stop the flow.
I call him to me,
like the Siren.
Suddenly,
he's there,
when my eyes open,
for the rest of my life.
Today is a good day to die.
So I dye my hair red like blood,
and I cut away the old,
to make way for the new.
No comments:
Post a Comment